Jan 29, 2011

Mr. February....American Whitewater Calendar 2011

That's right I am no one trick pony, I shoot sports, birds, dancers and landscapes. Really whatever catches my interest.
This is a shot I submitted to the American Whitewater people for submission into their calendar....they get a LOT of submissions so I was very fortunate to be selected for the February page.

This is the North Fork of the Payette River in Idaho at historic flows of 8000 cfs.
A group of world class kayakers spend several days running the river at those flows....flows nobody had dared attempt before...in fact the flows had not been that high in the last 20 years or so.

So 70-200 at F4...I think that was at 70mm. Continuous focus...use the same setting that I use for photographing flying birds.

Tristan McClaran is in that boat....you can't see his face very well ha....but he is in there.

I am posting a link to the full size photo as the scan did not translate very well to this small one.
This photo is a scan of the calendar page.
Please click on it to really see the quality of the photo:
http://alloutdoor.smugmug.com/Whitewater-galleries/Published-Photos/4831508_ou6ho#1171040265_mK4WZ-XL-LB


No comments:

Post a Comment