Apr 23, 2010

POTD April 23, 2010



This a shot from Kyle's Senior Picture shoot last week at the Old Penitentiary in Boise. I normally do only wedding photography but we throw in a senior portrait shoot once in a while along with a few family pictures.

If I haven't said it before I LOVE black and white in all it's flavors and nuances.
Black and white worked great for this shot because of the rocks.
Kyle did a great job at his shoot, for a guy he rocked it, very natural in front of the camera.
I think portraits are just less stressful for guys, I mean really, if our socks match when we leave the house we figure all the rest is gravy!

This was shot with the d700 and 70-200 2.8 shot at f4. I didn't use the softbox on this one, natural light.
I sat on the ground and shot this at about 150mm so I would get a good blur effect on the background.
I moved just a bit to the left so his legs would be in the shot and blurred into the background.
The light was nice and diffused sunlight because of the clouds so it was very easy to shoot.

As always, I chose the setting and background first then put Kyle into the setting where I wanted him.
We chose a manly pose, I said something stupid (it just comes to me haha) and this natural grin was the result. I love this shot!

Great job Kyle, your gallery came out great on my website!! Here is a link Kyle's gallery: http://alloutdoor.smugmug.com/Portrait-galleries/Kyles-Senior-Pictures-Boise/11938152_EfGWx#845486805_zf3G2

No comments:

Post a Comment