May 11, 2010

POTD May 8, 2010



This is a portrait of Elizabeth from her engagement portrait session with her now husband Seth.
Now Elizabeth is a very pretty lady but when we put Seth's cowboy hat on her, well.....judge for yourself.

This is one of my all time favorite portraits. Late in the evening the light was perfect, I hit her with just a little bit of light from the 42" softbox. Then in processing I turned the background slightly red to set off the black outfit she is wearing.
I took this with the d300 and the 28-75 Tamron at F4 and the background is pretty far away so there is a nice blur to the background.

I pretended like I was taking some flash adjustment shots then I told her "I really like the way that hat looks where it is setting right now" and I got this small grin.....Money!!

Thanks Elizabeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment